I can't wait for you guys to get to know my next "Friend In My Head!"
It's Mimi of Mimi G Style!
She's something like a genius.
Everyone remembers what they were doing when Michael Jackson died.
Or when President Obama was elected.
I remember when I first discovered Mimi...well really it was this yellow skirt!
It was on Pinterest!
I was all like "I want that!"
Then, I clicked the link and found out that she MADE the skirt herself!
And just like that...an obsession was born!
She doesn't sew everything that she wears...BUT SHE COULD!
(She made this dress)
She makes clothes that rival the stuff that you see in stores!
And she does it for fun!
Not because she has to...because she wants to!
Because of her many tutorials she provides on her blogs, I will be purchasing my first sewing machine in June!
Meet and enjoy Mimi!
(She made those pants)
(She made that skirt)
1. How would your friends describe your style?
My friends think I’m nuts for dressing up everyday, Lol but they are always the first to tell me how effortlessly put together I look.
2. Your friend wants to borrow your favorite dress. But you KNOW she can't fit it. She's bigger than you? What do you do?
I don’t ever let anyone borrow my clothes except my daughter on rare occasions and that is because I know where she lives, lol. I would tell my friend that she knows I don’t lend clothing and shake my head.
3. We all know you can sew your butt off! Do you ever have to tell your friends no because they keep asking you to make something for them?
First, Thank you! and YES! I am a selfish seamstress and my #1 pet peeve is when someone asks me to hem some pants or make them that thing I wore a few days ago. I have said NO so many times they just don’t ask anymore ;-)
4. Share a style secret that never fails you.
I always put on way more accessories then I need and then start to take them off until I get the right combo. I also go to jeans and a loose fitting top when I am uninspired and dress it up with jewelry, it never fails to work and it’s usually the outfit most people will comment on, lol
(She made that dress)
5. What piece of advice would you give someone who wants to start sewing or at least learn how to make simple alterations to their clothes? *coughs*(Me)
LOL, I would say that there will be moments of utter frustration and that sewing takes time to finesse but it is the most gratifying thing you can learn to do and if you start off with simple projects (like my vide tutorials) *shameless plug* you will gain confidence to keep going.
6. Your husband calls you and says you have ten minutes to get dressed for a surprise date. All he says is to dress nice. (What does that even mean anyway!?!? I digress…)What do you wear?
I will pull on my LRD and some sky high heels, add some bling and off I go. “dress nice” doesn’t mean much to me because I dress up daily so my hubby would need to say “Glam it up baby” LOL
(She made that dress)
7. You have only $5 in your hand. Do you save it, buy a fashion magazine or buy your favorite junk food?
I can never hold on to money, EVER! Its like it starts to call on me to spend it so I would probably buy a new nail polish, lol
8. Your friend calls you and begs you to meet her at a restaurant to secretly check out her blind date. What do you put on?
Black Leather Leggings, oversized sweater and boots just in case I gotta grab her and run!
9. Have you always been "style confident?" Do you even consider yourself "style confident?"
I don’t think I consider myself style confident or any other term like fashonista etc. I think that I just have always enjoyed dressing up and never feel overdressed so I know that when I put something on it’s because I love it and feel great it in and that is where the confidence comes from. When you feel like you look good you carry yourself that way ;-)
10. There is a fire. (You are required to be shallow for this question.) You have time to save only ONE article of clothing…what would it be?
OMG! first I would burst into tears that I have to leave all my clothes behind, lol then I would grab my DVF dress because it is my most favorite dress ever!
Bonus: You recently posted that you surprised your daughter with a new car. Can you surprise me with one? (You can see that sweet video here)
LOL, girl I think my bloggers paid for that car with the skirt orders ;-) THANK YA’LL
(She's referring to the yellow skirt in the first picture. She briefly opened up an Etsy shop to take orders for the skirt. I missed the boat)
Didn't I tell you!
Mimi, you are worthy! YOU ARE WORTHY!
After reading her answers, you KNOW she's now a friend in your head too!
(All photos are courtesy of Mimi G Style)
You might make a few new friends!