I went to see Inception this weekend...the movie with Leonardo Dicaprio. Umm, this is how I will describe that experience.
I was never good in math in high school or college. Never. Ever. There were times when if I really focused and paid attention to every single detail of how to solve a problem, I could do it. It took immense focus. I couldn't take my eyes off the board. I couldn't pass notes, daydream or check my pager*. I had to literally zone out everything around me. I would really feel accomplished if I followed along with the teacher and understood what was going on...for THAT practice problem.
Here is where things go downhill. Don't ask me to tell you how I got that answer. Because I wouldn't know. I would probably just stare at you with my big brown eyes and only above a trembling whisper would I say, "I don't know but I got the practice problem, right."
You would probably feel sorry for me and notice a tear forming on the cusp of my eyelids and just rub my shoulder and say "Aww darling, that's okay. I know you tried." (Which is how I passed any math class in my life.)
That's what I had to do to follow the movie Inception. I had to pay really close attention and not talk during the movie even though I really wanted to at times so that I could get it. I needed to get it. And I got it. But I don't ever want to get it again. I was satisfied that I understood the movie in the end but don't ask me to explain it to you. I can't. I won't. Did I enjoy it? It held my attention. Will I see it again? No. People usually go to the movies to relax, not to have a nervous breakdown because of overstimulation of the brain!
I will just say this, go see it. Go at your own risk or if you have a rocket science degree hanging on your wall:)
On to the outfit, You've seen all of this before but not together. I thrifted this dress for a buck a long time ago but I had it altered majorly. The dress was about 2 sizes too big but I kept seeing potential in it.
After all the nips and tucks, even my alterations lady said that I should have just gotten a whole new dress! I'll admit, I'm a persistent little something. I had it shortened, the scoop neck made into a v neck, gathered the sleeves to make it more flattering, made the back into a v neck...ALL KINDS of stuff! It's not one of my favorite alterations jobs but I really just wanted to rock the I Love Lucy scarf so this just dress was the "winner, winner, chicken dinner!"
It'll do.
*P.S...pagers/beepers sound so ancient now!
It'll do.
*P.S...pagers/beepers sound so ancient now!





I want to see that! As soon as I meet someone "movie worthy," hell "anything" worthy right about now! *wink*
ReplyDeleteI have to get this scarf thing together so I can rock it, you make it look fab, I am loving the whole vibe of this 'fit!
why could I tell from the commerical that I was not feeling this movie. Too much thinking for a summer movie
ReplyDeleteThis dress is so gorgeous on you! Love it with that belt :)
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly how I got through math every single year. I better not go to the movie. I think too much already.
ReplyDeletelove the funny way you describe the movie. and the outfit is gorgeous! that dress is perfect on you!
ReplyDeleteI think you look adorable in that dress. You always know just what to do! As for Inception . . . man, it seems like everyone and their brother's talking about it! I'm not really a movie person, but I gotta admit that I'm wanting to see this one since everyone's got my curiosity flaring!
ReplyDeleteAnd beepers . . . still remind me of drug dealers and prostitutes. Hahaha!
I like the dress and am a little jealous that you have even the creativity to think of fixing up something. (I just see things as they are- on the rack. lol)
ReplyDeleteI want to see the movie, although since I've read the mixed reviews, I'm a little nervous!
I didn't think the movie was that difficult to follow. Some people walked out of the theater about halfway through tho, so maybe it was a lil tough.
ReplyDeleteI didn't like the movie either...however, Leonardo and I really connected over my popcorn and diet coke.
ReplyDeleteHa!
Mary
That dress is super cute!! You look adorable!
ReplyDeletehttp://full-figureddiva.blogspot.com/
Oh, I am the same way!!! That movie was sooo stressful to watch. I got a headache too.
ReplyDeleteclothed much, a modest fashion blog
Yes, you are a fashion bombshell! Love the dress, the shoes and the new blog banner and background. I had to laugh at your Inception experience. I just saw the film last night and I almost had a nervous breakdown. I couldn't fall asleep last night...to worried about a dream inside of a dream in side of a dream...WT%
ReplyDeleteXOXO Mish
I love your style. Can you tell me a few of the places you shop here in Houston? I have yet to find a good thrift store. Thanks
ReplyDeleteSo, thhe shoes are so cute, I love a good tie up wedge and the dress is absolutely cute and sweet.
ReplyDelete