Pages

8/22/10

My Intentions Were Pure

(I can't wait to wear this dress as an open jacket over some jeans or jeggings)

My intentions were good. I promise. I got dressed in this little frock (thrifted for 2 bucks)and set out for church. Somehow, I ended up at a restaraunt eating pancakes, a hashbrown casserole and bacon. What can I say, God knows my heart WANTED to go to church. Doesn't that count for something? It has to. Somebody woke up drunk this morning. I woke up and got dressed for Jesus. I just didn't quite make it. Atleast I got dressed...right? Right.

Thrifted Belt and Dress
Charles David Clutch
Aldo Shoes
Guilt for not making it to church: Me
Does it count if I told you that the pancakes were the best pancakes ever?

Also, I found this silk dress/jacket/ in the nightgown/robe section of the thrift store. The lesson is...look everywhere for hidden gems while thrfting.

15 comments:

  1. I'm sure the man upstairs has forgiven you. Good intentions (and a great dress) go a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment made me laugh! Thanks so much! and I love your dress! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. That dress is nothing but HEAVENLY! I love it. Love it. LOVE IT! You always look like a million bucks! I am glad you looked like a million bucks while you were eating pancakes! And they were the best ever? I think that made God smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What an amazing find! Oh, and I'm pretty sure you get points for trying on this one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think enjoying a great meal is a form of worship! As is dressing so cutely! Love the thrifted dress - what a great find.

    And of course the shoes - "I die" as Rachel Zoe would say :)

    Small Time Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. great dress! I always look through each section as well, last time I found two silk shirts in the nightgown section as well, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to see it as a jacket too. 2 bucks, you're kidding right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is so awesome. I am a creative shopper as well. Believe it or not. I sometimes shop in petites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are wearing that polka dot dress! What kind of fabric is that?

    http://www.fashionablyblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh hmm Reiko, you look as fabulous as always but you get no pass on ditching church for pancakes. French Toast and bacon with a side of ham maybe, but pancakes no way. Keep doing it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a polka dot fanatic these days and this drobe is no exception, I love it! (Drobe = dress + robe) I also didn't go to church because I was finally able to sleep in since I killed the dreaded cricket. That's a good reason, right? I think we both need to put in a good word for one another with the man upstairs.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. You crack me up! I too have been there where I got up, got dressed, headed to church and just didn't make it! I have really gotten lax since my church has added live online feeds! I feel like I am cheating, but that doesn't make me get up and get dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sitting here at one in the morning, all bleary-eyed after looking at a million style blogs and writing and thinking about seriously stressful issues, and now I finally get around to clicking through all the tabs I opened earlier but never actually looked at (am I the only one who does that?!), and I find yours. And now I'm a maniac laughing into her hands at one in the morning so as not to wake the entire house up. I love your blog! It's so unlike most of the ones I read out there but I think I'm addicted. Keep on doing your thing because you're rocking it.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, it means that I am not crazy and writing for nothing! It's like talking to yourself...you feel better when you know someone is listening! Right? Come back again!



...and don't be ugly...I know how to fight.