Pages

8/7/09

One Hot Summer's Night...





















I was out frolicking today. I decided to break out this vintage dress I got from Atlanta's Little Five Points area last year. I paid next to nothing for this dress. I had the hem and the shortened (of course) and the sleeves taken in a little bit but I could never find the right belt to go with it. I think I also didn't wear it because I thought I would melt in the polyester material but I survived!

I decided to whip it out today as I frolicked, and I loved it to pieces.

The belt I found at a thrift store for 50 cent and it was perfect. I have made the executive decision to look for unique belt buckles from now on. This belt totally fit the bill.

I also found that fan for 75 cent because it was a cloth oriental fan...why would I pass that up? I ended up getting 4 colors.
If you are wondering if I wore the fan for the sake of pictures only....ummm...NO...I straight up walked around with it for a trip to the ice cream parlor after dinner. It's hot in Texas! A certain somebody rolled his eyes but that just made me fan harder!

At any rate, this is just a quick post until I can get a few ideas together. I am thinking about having a challenge for my readers but you won't win anything lol! Because I don't have it like that but it would be fun nonetheless...I'll get back to you on that.

In the above pictures I am wearing my Bollywood inspired sandals by Steve Madden. Below I am wearing some thrifted gold ballet flats by Jeffrey Campbell...umm yeah...2 bucks! Score...I'm not ashamed!
I know it seems like I am only talking about thrifting lately but don't you know me by now...I'll be over it and have a new obsession by next week. That's the way it goes:)
... a certain somebody also wonders why I am telling people that I thrift? What does he know?

8 comments:

  1. I almost bought a fan at the Mulan store on Harwin. That's not the real name of the store but you get the point. Cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is absolutely fabulous I love the colour!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to like the fan!!!! I also think the dress rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful dress! I love the colour and the frisky print!

    you have an excellent style!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, it means that I am not crazy and writing for nothing! It's like talking to yourself...you feel better when you know someone is listening! Right? Come back again!



...and don't be ugly...I know how to fight.