11/5/08

CONGRATULATE ME!


I VOTED FOR THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND HE WON!!

And he didn't just win by the skin of his teeth...He BLEW IT AWAY!!
YES WE CAN! YES HE DID! YES WE CAN! YES I DID!I can't quite put into words what I feel, so I won't even try. I need a few days to soak this all in!
I will say that as a teacher, I noticed something different about my students of color today. They walked with a straighter back and walked a little taller. I didn't have to know they were proud...I SAW IT! I FELT IT!

The first family looked great! Some people are questioning Michelle's dress but I was not offended by it. She basically wore her signature sheath dress but with a little couture thrown in the mix. It was a Narcisco Rodriguez dress from the Spring 09' collection. I liked it personally but some people were a little less enthused.

God willing, I am going to the inauguration so I must invest in some boots...cute but practical and comfortable. That will be my mission. If I don't make it there, rest assured I will be in my Obama gear in my living room on January 20, 2009!

This is not a political blog but this could not be avoided! I am SO proud to be alive during this time. Let's not make the mistake of making him into the next Messiah...He is a man and needs our support and prayers to clean up this mess that the current president is leaving him.

Enough politics, I need a few days to really soak this in...and to find some boots! Here are a few from Nine West.
Even if I don't get to the inauguration, I will be getting some boots in honor of our next president...kind of lame? I agree:)

If Malia and Sasha Obama are getting a new puppy to take to the White House, I can get some boots for putting them in there. I've got to get something out of this deal!
Oh wait...I might need to save my duckets...I have a feeling our current President is about to pull some stunts his last 75 days in office! Sleep with one eye open until January 20, 2009!

1 comment:

Me said...

I liked her dress as well. I think she is super classy!!!

09 10