1/26/10

Black Out Challenge (Day 5)


So this is day 5 of the Black Out Challenge. Not wearing black is still a challenge for me but I kind of like it. I have no idea why I put forth so much effort...I work at a high school...there is literally not one person there to impress other than myself!
I got a little creative today.Technically I layered two dresses for today's outfit. It was completely unplanned but I kind of like the result. The lighting doesn't do the color contrast justice. The shirt dress is actually navy and striped. I threw the yellow scarf to cover up "the girls" and pulled out my fringe blue suede shoes. Not the greatest pics but you get the idea:)
On a random note, I've been reading about Heidi Montag, a MTV reality personality who has gone out of her way to look a Barbie Doll via 10 surgeries in one day. It got me to thinking that people usually are down on themselves way more than they are "UP". There is so much to be insecure about...what are you SECURE about?
So let's play a little game. Leave a comment and tell me what is your favorite "Physical" attribute.
I'll go first. Outside of the obvious, (my dimples)...I really think I have great calves. I love the shape of my legs. It took me years to realize that.
What's your favorite Physical attribute?

16 comments:

Moni @ CL Journal said...

Girl, once again, the outfit is cute, but the shoes are bangin!

My fly god given cleavage and my shapely bow legs are my favorite "attribute". Can't tell me NUTHIN when I have a v-neck a line dress on! lol!

FashionAddict said...

Love that dress!!! It's fantastic!

Chay Chay said...

i LOVE the bright yellow dress!
And I have been TOLD that my a** is my best & my lips...i LOVE my lips and my light eyes, overall, I really LOVE everything about myself, REALLY...

Anonymous said...

You also have beautiful hair (I just gave away my identity didn't I?) Okay..."The girls" and my legs always get a lot of attention, but I like my pretty brown eyes and my smooth skin...oh...and I love the way pencil skirts ride my curves.

Heart Charlie said...

I love that you are challenging yourself by not wearing black :) I would fail on the first day, but maybe I will try when spring rolls around. And what you said about working at a school and not having anyone to impress there, I think it is beautiful and wonderful that you dress up for yourself, and chose to represent yourself in a stylish, classy, cute, and beautiful way, no matter what your environment it! Kudos to you and all the ladies doing it for the love of feeling great ;)

GFS said...

Thank you all!

and @Anonymous....(cough cough) Raven...Your skin is rather milky smooth!! LOL

Keep it coming guys!

shinyshoes said...

I would have to say my neck! when i wasyounger I asked my mom if i could have neck shortening surgery(is there a thing?) then as i grew up I got my family tree given to me as a gift. I found out that my neck is party of my egyptian,irish,african make up and now I love it!!

shinyshoes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mimi and Tilly said...

You look fab! My favourite attribute is my eyes. They're big, green with long eyelashes.

Just wanted to let you know I'm passing on a blog award in honour of your creativity. Pop by my latest blog post to pick it up. :)

Ms. Falcon said...

great outfit! those fringe shooties ( i never heard that word before...) look so amazing!!!

http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com/

Corie said...

I really like your blog! I love your outfit...but the challenge you're doing would be very difficult for me. My whole closet is black! lol

And let's see...my favorite physical attribute...my nose. It's who I am. In high school my peers use to talk about my nose all of the time (in the worst way)...but I've grown to love it!

thanks for visiting my blog...I am now your newest follower...I hope you come back! - Corie

Christen said...

Yellow is a fab color on you! And I really love how you layered the two dresses together.

And my favorite body part is my neck and shoulders. Weird, right? :)

Anonymous said...

i love your dimples and wish i had at least one! waah. i like my feet. they are narrow, but i like them.

really there is no one to impress at the high school? i would think the female students would recognize your chicness. love this look

Trina said...

What size shoe do you wear?

Anonymous said...

i love the yellow and those pumps are adorable!
my favorite attribute is probably my hmmm...this is hard...i think i'm gonna go with my legs :)

kanishk said...

Love that dress!!! It's fantastic!

34b bra

09 10