3/11/10

GFS Diva Style Advice: High Waist Pants (Results)

At the request of my friend in New Jersey, who also happens to be a follower of GFS, I will do a weekly GFS Diva Style Advice post (click here).
Well, Karla found some high waist pants in the back of her closet recently and wanted to know how should she wear them...if at all. I suggested that she should find ways to jazz up the pants by wearing a print top/loosely tuck the shirt and rocking some heels. Karla's assignment was to shop in her own closet to find options to update her high waist pants. 

Karla gets an A A+ for not only following my advice but accessorizing with suspenders and actually sending pictures of the updated look. Basically, it's obvious that she is that kid in class who was the overachiever! I wish all of my students did their homework! Here she is rocking the high waist pants and I must say that I  she did a good job! 



I take complete only partial credit for Karla's look. She looks hot, doesn't she? I totally see her throwing on a fitted cropped jacket and going out with the hubby for dinner! Thank you Karla for the idea and for doing your homework!

If you would like to be featuerd in the next GFS Diva Style Advice post, send an email to godsfavoriteshoes@yahoo.com with your question.
You must also promise to:
1. Send a picture of the item in question (if you have it)
2. Promise to not go out and by something new but shop in your existing closet.
3. Send me pics showing me the "results"

So what do you think? Are you digging Karla's "after" pictures!?!

...In completely random news, I have made the executive decision that Winter is over. Spring is officially here according to me. I banish wool clothes and coats unless they are Spring colored trenches. I am ready to wear yellows and purples and such!

I SAID IT. SO SHALL IT BE.

15 comments:

Marla said...

Love Karla's shoes!! I wish you would come to my house and slap me into shape.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the concept of this post! It's so interactive.

allison said...

So say we all. :)

Unknown said...

She rocked it for sure!
LOVE!
What a great idea with the suspenders!

Karla said...

Dinner with the hubby? More like strapping my baby on my back and heading to lunch with the other Real Housewives of Jersey City. LOL!

Thanks for the Fashion 911!

FashionAddict said...

Adorable!!! You are so creative.

Anonymous said...

Dito on the spring decision!!! But unfortunately, with snow outside banning wool isn't exactly an option :( I'll do some spring-shopping instead ;)

Anonymous said...

I love suspenders. There's something very Annie Hall about them.

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

So jazzy!

E said...

How fun! I love how you updated that look with the suspenders!

budget chic said...

I'm feeling that after look, a lot more edgier and the boots set the whole thing off!! Nice!

Anonymous said...

You just got one more blog award, "come over" and pick it up :)

Trina said...

Love the after look! I agree with the spring declaration! I'm ready to put these tootsies in some sandals. But first I got get some work done on these talons. I like the idea of your feature!

Emily Kennedy said...

Wow! She does look great! I don't even like high-waist pants, but she really looks lovely!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i always loved shoes that look like this. i need some, i really need some.

cherylclarke.blogspot.com

09 10