6/26/10

GFS in Dallas: Part 2


Day 2 of my Dallas trip got even better. Erin from Work with You've Got contacted me and wanted to meet. I've been following Erin's blog for some time and she's a friend in my head anyway, so of course I agreed. She invited Tina from T Minus, T Plus and I invited Juanette again...and off we went to Vickery Park.

When Erin arrived we immediately embraced. But it was a different kind of embrace! She kept stroking my skin and I kept stroking her hair! We were both cracking up! Tina was a doll and I can't really tell you everything that we talked about because it was nonstop but we covered everything from wanting to buy a Smart car (Erin) to wanting to karate chop a wedding photographer (Tina) to being invited to a wedding where you were asked to bring $65 to eat for being a "plus one"!(Juanette)

(Juanette and Tina)
You would have thought that we all have known each other for years! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the grilled chicken sandwich that I ate! At one point, it felt like a convention in the bar because Juanette whipped out the BEAUTIFUL jewelry that she sells, Tina whipped out her new computer and Erin demonstrated how she makes her JEWELRY! What was my contribution you ask? Hell, I brought them all together...I was the PIMP of the whole operation! That's gotta count for something right?!?

Of course we took pictures of ourselves because that's what we do.
(I'm wearing my pretty dress from Anthropologie and my Lamb Shoes. I can't get enough of the nude shoe look!)
Tina noticed that I stayed in a pose even while positioning the camera...I'm always ready. (Not really, it's weird that I take pics for a blog because I was that kid that would always jump out of pictures when I was younger...still will in most situations. Hmph. I need to examine that further one day:)

So here is what you need to know about each of these ladies.

Erin- Mad Funny...like needs a reality camera to follow her funny. She makes her own jewelry! And it's pretty jewelry too. She also takes note that everyone in our group dropped a cuss word or two! Oh...her hair....luscious!

Juanette- CREATIVE and multi-talented. Chick sells beautiful jewelry, a natural hair efficiando, she is a Dallas stylist for hire and the best Dallas thrifting tour guide! PS...that red dress she is wearing is really a skirt that she hiked up and threw on a belt!

Tina- is a lawyer, recently married who just went to the Lane Bryant conference as part of a focus group and got major free swag!
Me- I'm a Pimp. I bring people together! Praise the Lawd! HA

Part 3 up next...

13 comments:

Alissa said...

That dress you're wearing is super hot. I love it. See, you gotta come to NYC so we can go shopping.

Marsha (BrownFace) said...

You are HELLA funny!!! YOU need your own show...lol Whenever I'm feeling down (which was all week from not having a J.O.B., I come over here, read , laugh and feel better. Boo, I am all into the nude shoe look for some reason??? AND, my outfit laid out for church tomorrow is a skirt as a dress. I'mma take some pics...lol

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I really hate that I missed out on all the fun.

Unknown said...

SHUT up about that dress that is really a skirt. Too fab for words.
I need to be a spokesperson for Lane Bryant...my clothes are pitiful. I need help.

Loved this little visit with your friends in your head. You are a pimp for sure!

Emily Kennedy said...

The nude shoes are SO working for you. You look amazing, and thank you for introducing us to other awesome ladies!

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I love those shoes with that dress. You look super hot!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

you all look great in your dresses. so cool to meet fellow bloggers!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

Samantha Simple said...

Pimpin ain't easy!

Juanette said...

Do you remember that song "Pimp in my own rhyme" by Eightball and MJG?!? That's what popped into my head when I read that, lol! Thank you for the shout out and kind words, I have to give you your commission in thrift outfits!

Thanks My SFAM!! (We have to get on our business idea immediately!)

@Savonne, I wanna come too, can we can we?!?! *Notice how I invited myself to NYC?!?*

Tina said...

Wait. If you're a pimp, then what am I? oh who cares? It was a blast!

FashionAddict said...

I'm completely jealous of that amazing dress...like I'm pretty sure I'd steal it from you if I was your roomate, LOL :)

Anonymous said...

I love your dress. What a fun outting of like minded gals. Looks like you had a blast. xo Mish

Kyla said...

That is a line of fine looking ladies! I'm a little jealous you got to meet these girls - looks like so much fun!

09 10