1/21/09

I WITNESSED HISTORY IN THIS!!

I just got back from DC to witness President Barack Obama be sworn in. I am pretty sure everyone is on overload with Obama coverage so I won't take that route. To be quite honest, I got sick while in Philly/DC because of the single digit weather over the weekend. It would be my luck to visit Philly on literally one of their coldest days of the year. It was too much for my Texas immune system to take.

So, because I am uber tired from traveling and running on fumes from all the inaugural hub-bub...I will just say it was an experience that will be etched in my memory forever. I am so proud to be an American and an African American on top of that.

I will say this little tidbit: I believe that Barack Obama has raised the bar for Black men. This moment in time should inspire every black man to be on their game and stop all the trivial bs that stunts our family units, relationships and communities. We now have a visual of what a real Black man is capable of. It's time out for trying to buy rims , having multiple women to prove your manhood, or/and being an absentee father. Unless you are driving THE BEAST like Barack, I don't want to hear another word about DUBS or 22's or whatever those rims are.

I digress...but you get my point. The purpose of this post is just to admit that I failed miserably at being fly while in DC. Truth be told, that cold air was kicking my butt. By the time, I got off the plane, I realized that being cute and warm are not synonmous. So I regretfully post a pic of my winter look while braving the bitter cold for Barack. I am ashamed to be quite honest! LOL. I had 2 pairs of gloves, 2 sweaters, a thermal shirt, tights, jeans, 2 scarves and a turtleneck from hell.

Oh and those cute boots from mom in the previous post...yeah, I had 2 pairs of socks and my toes still were burning.....but it was ALL WORTH IT!!!

...I'm going to need to sleep now. That's ashame. Barack and Michelle went to ten inaugural balls and still managed to get up and go to church the next day...me...not so much.

God knows my heart though! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Hilarious...



Even more hilarious...okay...a little corny but I am corny:)

1 comment:

Me said...

I don't even want to think about how cold it was...just seeing you bundled up like that gave me chills. I'm glad you had a great time. I look forward to the pictures! Oh...I posted a HUGE fashion disaster on my blog today. it should give you a good laugh!

09 10