10/16/09

Quick! Help Me Decide!

Update: I wore the black dress to the wedding. I know, I know...Everyone chose the blueish/greenish one but I felt better in the black dress. A little more zexy and the temperature dropped at night:)
The bride even called me the next morning to tell me I looked beautiful...(hey, I'm supposed to call her to say that!)...so all is well! Thanks for the votes. I promise to listen to you next time. (I did wear the blue dress to work with black tights though, so all is not lost:) Thanks again!
________________________________________________



Quick! Help me choose a dress! I am going to a wedding tomorrow and I can't decide which one I want to wear! The stats of the wedding are that it's at 5pm and there will be alot of Salsa and Merengue going on at the reception:) Which one should I wear?

Dress: H&M Philly (seen here) I got this long time ago. Basically it was a free dress.
Belts: Thrifted (I'm totally obsessed w/ gold belts these days)



Dress: Goodwill (but altered...seen here)
Jewelry: My Late Aunt's Vintage Chanel Earring (on necklace) and Purse!
Belt: Thrifted
"Boyfriend" Blazer: Donna Karen Jacket (thrifted $3)
(by the way I am totally into "boyfriend jackets"...may do a post later about them)
Chanel Sunglasses: FOUND IN THE GROCERY STORE THE OTHER DAY...( found as in they were just laying there at the meat counter. I asked the deli guy if they were anyone's and he said "Take em' child"...THey're totally real!)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson vis Marshall's


WHICH ONE DO I WEAR? The Green Dress or Black? Hurry...Leave a comment and help me! I have 23 hours from this very second to decide!




My camera work is not that great...sorry

28 comments:

High Yellow Porcelain Doll said...

I say the Black dress sister in law! I love the way it looks on you and I'm sure it will flow nicely on the dance floor as well!

Karla said...

I vote for the blue. nothing ruins a good salsa like not being able to make a good pivot turn - KEEP THOSE LEGS OUT!

Penny said...

The black one is real sexy but I agree about the length as mentioned above....dancing merengue and salsa with a long dress? Mmmmm, let your legs be free I say...lol

Tonya said...

The black is gorgeous but for another event. I am thinking the blue one! Get your dance on , girl!

Rosie Unknown said...

Go with the black dress, it is lovely!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I like them both.

For dancing the night away I would choose the blue one.

Enjoy the wedding.

Mel said...

I'd probably say the blue since it's not as long and you can probably dance up a storm in it :) But whatever you feel more comfortable in!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-both are lovely, but I say go for the blue! Have a great time and thanks for stopping by too!

Anonymous said...

Merengue & salsa? The blue one. Kick those legs when you spin around. Sassy!

Shea Posey said...

I like the blue one!! It looks a lot less stuffy than the black one. Like you look more relaxed in it. Happy SITS Saturday sharefest!!!

Unknown said...

Nice Blog! I'm glad you like the Chicken Divan recipe. Pure comfort food. I made it because the whole family has been ailing this week (oink oink! darn swine flu!)

Anyway, your dress dilemma is one I would like to have as they are both so very lovely. I'm drawn to the black dress but think if you'll be doing all that dancing, you may be more comfortable in the green. They both look wonderful on you!

JennyMac said...

blue...and the vintage Chanel!

Melissa~ said...

love your chanel bag, and your shoes.
Thanks for visit my blog!

C A said...

Have a Maison Chaplin weekend! ;)

MAISON CHAPLIN, the internationally recognized most stylish and glam fashion blog by some fashion houses!

www.MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com @ Custo Barcelona ad campaign

Encore Bride said...

I love the green, girl you have style, love it! Happy SITS day!

Unknown said...

well, you look fantastic in both options ...I dunno. I understand your dilemma! Go with the one that makes you feel the best. I love night weddings ...so much more fun! ...and you can wear black, which I always think is a no-no to day weddings. I could be wrong though. Have fun!!!

A said...

i love the blue dress! you got chanel glasses at the grocery store??? how is that possible?

smalltownchic said...

Go with green!

www.smalltownchic.com

FashionAddict said...

You look great in both, but I LOVE that green one, and it would look fantastic with some tights if it's chilly outside. Have fun!

Becca said...

perfect chanel!

E said...

WOW! That purse and that belt are stunning! Just stunning!

Diana said...

Both dresses are great, although I personally like the green one best. You're so lucky to have that vintage Chanel purse.

M said...

I like the blue one... so which one did you pick? :)

Mila said...

I love the blue comnbination!

Anonymous said...

I love the blue dress! It is perfect for a wedding filled with dancing.

Hope you had a great time! Can't wait to see which one you chose.

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

~T~ said...

beautiful!
Visiting from SITS. Have a great day.
www.tuesdaysattonyas.blogspot.com

budget chic said...

That belt is the business!! LOVE IT!! I like the long black dress, its just scream "chicness"!! Might be a little difficult to salsa in but thats my choice ;-)

Kari said...

I'm glad that all turned out well, and it was fun to see the blue dress featured in a workwear outfit later on!

09 10